Happy New Year 2018 everyone! I hope everyone the best for this shiny new year. I guess you saw, I took a lil break from my blog to enjoy Christmas time with my family. But I will not talk about it here, I will write a separate post about my 2018 blog goals and what I planned for this new year later this week. What I can tell you, LOTS of new content coming your way very soon! I am telling you, really exciting contents!
If you are like me, during the holidays, between Christmas and New Year, with your family and friends, you gained 10 pounds just by eating all the time. In my family, when we are all together, we spend an incredible amount of time sitting at the table eating. I remember, when I was younger, getting bored because I thought it was super long and felt like I would never see the end. I’m positive not the only one here, am I? That is why right after the holidays I like to make an enormous quantity of soup. It just feels nice and healthy. I think I talked enough and I will get right to the recipe.
- 8-10 carrot, peeled and diced.
- 1 butternut, peeled and diced.
- 5 medium potato, peeled and diced.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Soy cream
- In a pressure cooker, put all the vegetables and 1.5 litres of water.
- Let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- With a hand blender, mix of the vegetables together until creamy.
- Add the salt, pepper, cinnamon and Cayenne pepper.
- Now you choose, you can eat it like that, or should I say drink?! Or you can add a lil’ bit of soy cream to make your soup even creamier. You choose!
I really enjoy soup after the holidays and during winter, it helps to keep warm! I like my soups to be creamy not too liquid. I like the creamy consistency. What do you guys think? 🙂