You can thank my mum for this recipe, she sent it to me, that same day I had a friend coming over and I didn’t know what to do, so I tried.
It’s a recipe from Oliver Bajard, you may think since it is a chef’s recipe, it is going to be long and hard with lots and lots of ingredients BUT no! I simplified the recipe and the steps so you can make it easy peasy at home and still taste delish!
Believe me… or not! But it is one of the first quiches a made in a while! I almost chopped one of my fingers off while cutting the carrots, luckily nothing too bad happened.
In this recipe, you will find a lot of healthy veggies like carrot, leek, cauliflower and broccoli. I feel like it is the perfect recipe for summer or even for lunch on the go, you can enjoy it warm or cold, I like it both ways, but cold brings out all the flavours. Okay…I think, I said enough!
- 200 g leeks
- 100 g carrots peeled
- 150 g cherry tomatoes hulled (without the skin)
- 100 g cauliflowers
- 100 g broccolis
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 200 g milk
- 100 g egg
- 60 g liquid cream
- 30 g egg white
- 4 g spicy salt
- 40 g parsley
- 150 g salt
- 40 g white pepper (you can use black pepper too)
- 40 g ground coriander
- 15 g ground nutmeg
- 15 g ground ginger
I know it is a lot, but you can use it anywhere, I put the salt in dishes to spice thing up a bit or in the pasta water before I put the pasta to cook, it brings a little more flavours to the pasta.
It looks like a lot of ingredients, and yes it is BUT totally worth it!
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Put some parchment paper and the puff pastry sheet on the mould and prick it.
- Peel and dice the carrots
- Cut the leeks in half and cut into pieces.
- In a saucepan, cook the veggies on low-medium heat with some butter.
- In the meantime, boil some water to dip the cherry tomatoes in for 30 seconds and then dip them in cold water, it will be easier to remove the skin.
- After around 10 minutes the veggies are ready. Place them on the puff pastry sheet.
- Now, you need to mix all the ingredients to make “the spicy salt”, salt, pepper, coriander, nutmeg, ginger.
- Whisk 30 g of egg white with 4 g of spicy salt.
- Add 100 g of egg and mix.
- Then, add the cream, milk and parsley.
- Add on top of the carrots and leeks, broccoli, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the quiche mix on top of the veggies and bake for around 35 to 45 minutes.
- Once the quiche is ready, wait a few minutes and demould and reserve it, you don’t want the quiche soaked in water.
- Let it cool off and then it is ready to enjoy!
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.