Oi! Oi! Everyone!
I know I’m supposed to make two recipes per week but I have been super busy and had no time to do anything. But I’m back with a recipe that I never tried before, BBQ burger BUT vegan (!!). I found this recipe on contentedness cooking’s website and decided, why not (?!), let’s try.
It took me around 20 minutes to make the patty and it’s not hard at all. The flavours are just perfect, mouth-watering RN (!!).
For the recipe, I put my own twist but it’s pretty much the same.
Let’s get started shall we (??).
You will need:
- 400 g can kidney beans or red beans
- 300 g Tempeh
- 2 small onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbs Tamari
- 1-2 Tbs BBQ Sauce
- Vegan cheese
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- BBQ sauce
- Burger Buns
Let’s make the patty (!).
- In a bowl, mash the beans.
- Dice the tempeh and add to the bowl.
- Finely dice the small onion. Add to the bowl.
- Add tamari, BBQ sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix everything and stop when it holds together well.
- Form patties and heat oil in a saucepan. Fry the patties on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the patties are ready put some BBQ sauce at the bottom of the bun and add the lettuce (didn’t have lettuce so I added baby spinach), patty, vegan cheese, tomato, onion and more BBQ sauce if you like.
You are now ready to serve the burger and enjoy it (!!). With the burger, I added sweet potatoes chips you can do the same or just add regular chips.
To make the sweet potatoes chips you will need 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut chip size. Heat oven to 210°C season the potatoes with salt & pepper, paprika and some olive oil. Let them cook for around 15 minutes then turn them and let them cook for another 15 minutes.
Tadah ready (!!).
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.
The veggies adventure signing off!