This might be the best banana bread ever. You’ll have to tell me! AND it is vegan-friendly! Sayyy what? Yep, yep! Made this -beauty- last week and oh boy! I would do it again. Brought it to my parents’ house as THE Sunday treat, everyone loved it (happy dance!). I don’t know you, but my first few attempts at vegan -sweet- baking was, let’s say a -big- fail. I wasn’t using the right ingredients, ending up in a -total- fail and having to throw everything out. What a bummer! But this recipe is a game changer. YOU have to try it!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 85 ml vegetable oil
- 85 ml rice milk (or any other you have)
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 255 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- sliced bananas, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Oil a loaf pan with vegetable oil, then flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and “milk”, and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and use a wooden spoon to mix.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and top with the extra banana slices.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. You know it is ready when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
What do you think? DELISH! Right?! Let me know I’m curious! No need for any “specials” ingredients, just the ones you have at home. If you bake this cake, please snap me a picture, would love to see it.