Oi! Oi! Everyone!
So… A little throwback shall we (?!), earlier this week for lunch, I went to a Vietnamese restaurant in Paris, side note, it was so delish, as a vegetarian sometimes you can struggle to find a restaurant to eat with non-vegetarian friends. Well, this one is perfect (!!), you don’t have a lot a choice with what you can eat (literally three options for vegetarians), but from what I tried it was amazingly good. After this fantastic lunch with a nice refreshing iced tea, I decided to try to recreate what I ate at home simply with the name of the dish, tofu, peanut and veggies.
The next day I went to my local supermarket and bought everything I needed to have to make the peanut sauce, the veggies and most importantly, TOFU (!!).
Let’s get started…
To make the sauce, you will need:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chilli sauce or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 300 ml water (you can add more if you want your sauce to be a little more liquid)
To make the dish you will need:
- 400 g tofu
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 1 red bell pepper
Let’s make some magic…
- Cut all the veggies and put on the side. You can slice or dice them it doesn’t matter.
- In a frying pan, on medium heat with some olive oil, add all the veggies and sauté them until tender. Add salt & pepper.
- For the peanut sauce, in a saucepan, add all the ingredients and let it heat on low-medium heat. Once it is warm, add the tofu diced, stir and add salt & pepper.
Only three simple steps, it is super quick to make (!!).
I decided to cook rice on the side ‘cause I like rice with everything. But it is as delish alone (!!). Trust me.
Tadah ready (!!). ENJOY!
If you come to Paris, you can check this restaurant out (!), here is the address: Do & Riz, 31 Rue de Cotte, 75012 Paris, France.
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.
The veggies adventure signing off!