It has been a long time since I posted anything on here, I know and truly I thought a lot about what I could do and how I could do it the best way I could. I’ve worked non-stop to try to have blog posts ready in advance. I may write something separate and explain everything. But for the first recipe back from “holiday” and it’s a cake that I love -way too much- the financier or almond cake?!
- 50g/1/3 cup almond flour
- 50g/1/2 cup flour
- 150g/1&1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 75g/ 3oz butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Butter the mould
- Mix together, almond flour, sugar, flour and vanilla extract.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks with a pinch of salt and add to the previous mixture.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add it to the dough. (you can also to it in the microwave).
- Pour into the mould and put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
It’s super to make and super good, in most recipes you normally make them in muffin moulds and anything smaller but I like that in
By the way, if you want to make the custard cream with this cake I have the easiest recipe on my blog, you just need to click here.
-Enjoy the recipe and let me know what you think, don’t forget if you want to see more you can subscribe to my newsletter and get notified when I post something new. You can also follow me on Instagram, this is where I post all of my photos. you just need to click here or on the icon next to the search bar.-