Oi! Oi! Everyone!
I’m back with another recipe (!), but this time it is something totally experimental for me since it is kind of a mix between a curry and a dahl (!). When I made it, I was supposed to make a Dahl but I didn’t have everything (LOL), so instead of doing something else I tried to make a mix between the two dishes (!).
For this recipe you will need:
- 250 g Red lentils
- 150 g Rice
- 1, 400 g tin Chickpeas
- 1 Onion
- 400 ml Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Curry paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Lime
Now, for the recipe (!), what I like to do is mix all the spices together, once you’ve done it we can start (!!).
- Cook the lentils as instructed or you can soak them in about 3 cups of water for at least one hour but it is better if you let them soak overnight before you cook them, then drain and cook them in 3 cups of water to a simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened and all the water has been absorbed.
- Cook the rice as instructed.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, put a spoon of coconut oil and fry the onion. After a couple of minutes add the spices mix, curry paste, mustard and stir.
- Add the coconut cream and drained chickpeas.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Let’s get back to the lentils (!). Once they are cooked add salt and pepper and some spices like turmeric, cumin and garam masala. But you can add any spices really (!!).
- You can add some lime juice before serving on the plate. It is really nice (!!).
- Serve warm.
It is now ready to be served and enjoyed (num num num!)
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.
The veggies adventure signing off!