Oi! Oi!! Everyone!
I took this recipe from Jamie Oliver but I put my own twist on it. Less butter and less sugar!
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 80 g quality cocoa powder
- 65 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 50 g chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Snap the chocolate into a large bowl, add the butter and place over a pan of simmering water, until melted, stirring regularly. Stir in the nuts (if you decided to use some).
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour into a separate bowl, add the baking powder and sugar, then mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate, nut mixture and stir together well. Beat the eggs, then mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tin, and place in the oven for around 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares. Delicious served with a crème anglaise.I hope you will like the recipe! Share it with me I’d love to see it made by you!