I cannot believe we are in autumn already, I feel like time goes by so fast and new year was just a couple weeks ago. Summer’s over, and it starts to get cold or at least the temperatures get below 20°C, and I can bring my jumpers and coats back from the dead…I mean closet.
But also I can start and cook some more autumnal dish. I mean, you know cosy dinners under the blanket watching the telly? I love it! I can start making “hot” meal again, I don’t know you, but for me, it’s not a proper meal if everything’s cold, I got used to it, but when I was younger, I could not really enjoy it and it would not feel quite right.
Enough, let’s talk about the recipe a bit shall we? I found it over on Vegan Food & Living, I made a few changes only because I did not have the same ingredients, but I might say it is delicious.
- 200g pasta
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g mushroom, finely sliced
- 400ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- pinch chilli powder
- pinch paprika
- 80g peas
1. Firstly, add the coconut oil into a pan and place it on medium heat. Then, add in the onion and garlic, and fry for 2 minutes. Once done, add the mushrooms and fry for 2 more minutes.
2. Next, add in the coconut cream, lemon juice, dried mixed herbs, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, pepper, chilli and paprika. Stir everything together, and reduce the heat to low-medium. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
3. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it for about 8-10 minutes. During this time, stir the sauce and keep checking the flavour and consistency, to suit you.
4. When there is about 1 minute left for the pasta to cook, add the peas into the pasta sauce, and stir. Then, when the pasta is ready, remove it from the heat, drain it and add it into the sauce. Stir everything together for about a minute or so, then remove it from the heat and serve.
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.
The veggies adventure signing off!