I decided to try this recipe because I bought some bananas and the very next day they were going bad already. I could have made a banana bread -you can find the recipe here– but I wanted to make something a lil tinny different! Found this recipe and I knew from the start that it would be delicious!
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 85g coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 95g ground almonds
- 150g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Large Handful Chopped dark chocolate- 85% or above
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a loaf tin with a little coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, coconut oil and coconut sugar and blend until well combined.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (apart from the chocolate) and blend again, so that you’re left with a smooth cake batter.
- Stir through the dark chocolate and pour the mixture into your loaf tin. Sprinkle some extra chocolate on the top and pop this into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow cooling completely on a wire rack.
I added melted chocolate and soy cream on the top of the cake for it to be extra chocolaty! Plus who does not like melted chocolate?
I truly didn’t think I was going to enjoy this cake so much but I do and also everyone around me. I think what’s great with this cake is that there is not too much chocolate so you can still taste the banana and you get the chocolate here and there!
You really should try this recipe and if you do, please let me know what you think!!
-Enjoy the recipe and let me know what you think, don’t forget if you want to see more you can subscribe to my newsletter and get notified when I post something new. You can also follow me on Instagram, this is where I post all of my photos. you just need to click here or on the icon next to the search bar.-