Sooooooo… I was meant to post this recipe way way way sooner than that. I don’t know what but I didn’t. I haven’t done much baking since this summer either. Anyway, after all it is time to get back to it!
- 2 large eggs
- 240ml/1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100g/1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 85g/2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 50g/1-1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175g/1cup chocolate chips
- 115g/1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 220°C425°F.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Rub the mixture through your fingers to break up any lumps of brown sugar.
- To the dry ingredients, add 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips, the buttermilk-egg mixture, and the melted butter. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons, fill the muffin cups to the brim with batter. Distribute the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips evenly over the muffin tops, pressing them lightly into the batter. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, then turn the oven down to 180°C/350°F and bake for about 12 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean (check a few spots as the melted chocolate chips will make the tester look wet). Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan; cool on a rack.
I made so much with the recipe that I had to bring half of them to my friends!
-Enjoy the chocolate muffin recipe and let me know what you think, don’t forget if you want to see more you can subscribe to my newsletter and get notified when I post something new. You can also follow me on Instagram, this is where I post all of my photos. you just need to click here or on the icon next to the search bar.-–If you haven’t checked the last article I posted you can click here to check it out–