Oi! Oi! Everyone!
Tofu Scramble…Don’t you mean scrambled eggs (?!). You heard it right, I tried tofu scramble for the first time 2 days ago. I heard that you could mimic the texture of scrambled egg by shredding tofu and I wanted to try it myself to see what it was all about (!!). NOT KIDDING, it is delicious, something on another level. I didn’t think I would be writing this post RN, Oh god (!!), just thinking of it makes my mouth water. There is no right or wrong recipe, basically, you can put anything you want but why not share the one I got, right (?!). Never been an egg lover for breakfast but this tofu scramble could make me wanna eat this every morning for the rest of my life if I had to. I found that with this recipe you can spice things up and throw all the veggies you have in the fridge and it still would taste amazing.
You want the recipe (??), here as well, no right or wrong proportion but I’ll tell you what I used, if like me you want to make lots of it (!!). And by lots, I mean if you’re the only one eating it, it can last for 3 days easy.
- 400 g tofu
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Juice of 2 lemon
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- A handful of baby spinach
- 2-3 tbsp tinned tomatoes
- Almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
The first thing you wanna do is to prepare the tofu.
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the turmeric (it will give the yellow colour to the tofu) then add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, mix everything and let it sit on the side for about 10 to 15 minutes to let the flavours marinate.
- Chop all the ingredients.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add some coconut oil (or any other oil) and the onion diced.
- Sauté the onion for a couple of minutes then add the garlic. Let it cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and tinned tomatoes.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu and let it cook for a couple more minutes.
- Then add the nutritional yeast and a little bit of almond milk, you don’t want to put too much milk or it will get a bit too “liquidy”.
- And the final step, add the spinach, you can go crazy here (!!) and add as much as you like.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
It is ready (!!), I add a little bit more salt and pepper but you should try it as it is and see if you prefer a little bit more or if you feel it is perfect like that (!!).
I had an avocado that day so I decided to add it in.
It’s not a breakfast without toast and orange juice, I added some avocado toast and orange juice.
Oh (!!), before I forget, one last thing. I like spicy things if you didn’t notice with all the curry recipes that I have on my blog so, on the of the avocado and scrambled egg…I mean tofu scramble (sorry, I got distracted!), I added some Sriracha sauce.
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.