I’m French and as a French, I have to share the -real- recipe to make the best french crepes in the all wild world. This recipe will probably beat every other recipe that you have or had in the past. No need to travel to France just for a crepe at a restaurant, you will be able to make them in the comfort of your own home! No joke I feel like someone from the shopping network just by saying that! -LOL- But let’s be real for a minute, I made this recipe a thousand times with family and friends and to this day this is the best recipe I found, and I tried lots of ’em.
- 1/2 litre milk
- 250 g flour
- 4 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- In a big bowl beat the eggs.
- Pour the milk and add the oil and rum. Mix everything together.
- Add the flour bit by bit while stirring.
- Let the mixture sit for about one hour.
- To cook the crepes, I use a special frying pan. But I’m sure any other would do. Preheat the frying pan to medium heat and put a lil’ bit of oil.
- Use a ladle to pour the mixture into the pan and let it cook until you can easily flip the crepe or until brownish. And do the same on the other side.
- Repeat the operation until you made all the mixture.
Lil’ tips: Since the mixture has no sugar in it, I like to put a little bit of sugar in between the crepes! And if you make them for friends, cook them before, you will just have to reheat them once everyone there!
It is super easy to make crepes, and DELICIOUS! I for sure could eat all of them at once! Plus what I like with this recipe, NO sugar! If you do not have buckwheat flour, I am sure it will be good with anything salty on it.