Oi! Oi! Everyone!
Yes, you heard it right (!), madeleines, I know so French (!!). But seriously this is soooo good, I eat those when they just came out of the oven (!!). I feel like it is the perfect afternoon cake with tea. This recipe is simple and quick to make and you don’t need lots and lots of ingredients.
Let’s get started (!!!),
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 125 g unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
To make the madeleines:
- Preheat oven at 210 °C
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until it becomes a little fluffy.
- Add to the mix, the melted butter and the flour spoon by spoon while mixing.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Butter the madeleines mould.
- Add between 1 and 1 1/2 tbsp of the mix per madeleines mould.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Demould the madeleines and let them cool off.
ENJOY! You should let them cool off but if you are like me, you will like when they are still warm and you will eat them straight out of the oven (!!).
Please if you like the recipe, don’t forget to share it! And subscribe to my newsletter to always be on top with my newest recipe. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too! Links in the sidebar.
The veggies adventure signing off!