Oi! Oi! Everyone!
Here’s one recipe for mac and cheese without any cheese!! It’s really good for cold days!
You will need:
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 200g of macaroni pasta
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 250g of butternut squash
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 40g of unsalted raw cashew nuts
- 150ml of non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of mustard
- a pinch of nutmeg
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of coconut butter
Before starting this recipe you need to soak the cashew nuts overnight, they need to be “soft”.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash.
- To make the cheese sauce, place a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat. Put a lidded steamer basket over the top and steam the butternut squash until soft (around 15 to 20 minutes).
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions, drain and rinse and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and fry the onion in the coconut butter for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and continue to fry for another minute.
- Drain the soaked cashew nuts and add to a blender with the steamed butternut squash, onion, garlic, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Blend until totally smooth.
- Stir into the cooked pasta and heat it on low heat until warm.
I hope you will like the recipe! Share it with me I’d love to see it made by you!